Super Charge My Skinny: Go Ride a Bike!
Why biking? It’s a great workout for your legs, your cardiovascular system, you’re out in nature, and it’s a lot of fun. Not to mention the amount of calories you can burn during one bike workout is ridiculous. Don’t have time for a solo ride? Hit the park or sidewalks with your kids in tow.
Instead of meeting for a girls night out, meet for a girls ride! Don’t have cycling friends yet? Cycling is also a great way to meet new active friends. If you’re looking for fun way to burn calories while building your social network you should think about doing a community/charity ride. Not only will you be getting fit but you’ll be helping out a cause. It’s a win, win!
Bike Ride & Tours
There are thousands of bike rides and tours all over the country. I have tried to compile a list of the best known here. If you have a ride or tour you would like us ago add to the list please leave a comment below with the name and URL of the event you would like added.
- Bike to Beach
- Bike 4 the Brain (brain based illnesses)
- Braking the Cycle (HIV/AIDS)
- City of Angels Fun Ride
- Hope In Motion: Walk, Run, and Ride
- Natioanl Multiple Sclerosis Societiy
- Pan-Massachusetts Challenge
- Ride without Limits (Cerebral Palsy)
- Solider Ride (wounded Warriors Project)
- TeamMS (National Multiple Sclerosis Socieity)
- The Hazon Internation Bike Ride
- Tour de Cure (American Diabetes Association)
- Tour de Force Memorial Bike Ride
- Tour des Trees (Tree Fund)
- Trek across Main (The American Lung association of Main)
- YSC Tour de Pink